Saturday 12 March 2011

More on the NRS

NEWS

Further to my post of 7th March, more news has trickled through about the forthcoming merger of the GRO for Scotland and the National Archives of Scotland into the new-fangled 'National Records of Scotland'.  But, again, I think it far better that it comes from the pen of an acknowledged Scottish expert, so have a read of this post on Chris Paton's excellent Scottish GENES blog.

TNA's website has just made an announcement about the release of a new catalogue pertaining to 20,000 soldiers' records held at the Kilmainham Hospital in Dublin from 1783-1822 - see here.

MEDIA NEWS

Many of you may like to be made aware of the existence of Ancestry.com's 'Webinar Service'.  Now I must confess that I haven't myself indulged, but it does look quite promising.  As far as I can tell, the seminars are free to everyone and you don't have to be a member of Ancestry to view them - though you do have to register.  You can actually participate in the seminars, or just catch up on them afterwards via their archive.  I guess there'll be a certain amount of US bias, but they you go.

I also spotted an interesting interview with professional genealogist Anthony Adolph on The Nosey Genealogist's blog, in which he articulates his enthusiasm for genealogy and genetics.  Read the intro (and then click on the video link) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment