Friday 1 June 2012

The Jubilee Looms...


OK, so it's the Jubilee weekend...

FindMyPast are celebrating the occasion with the timely release of a new dataset, being the Royal Household Staff Records, 1526-1924. The index is free, but you'll need credits to view any finds.

The Genealogist has a few new items of interest in connection with the monarchy, too, here.

More monarchy-related bits and pieces can be found on the HistoryToday Magazine website, here and here.

Around 120,000 Scottish memorial transcriptions have recently been added to the DeceasedOnline database. See their website here, and explore the options at the bottom right of screen.

Interested in Scottish Valuation Records? Check out this brief but promising news item from Christine Woodcock

Some extraordinary goings on in Brent, with the closure and emptying of Kensal Rise Library.

Recent developments concerning the London Probate Registry and the likelihood of the provision of online probate calendars can be followed here.

For those of you considering a One-Name Study, take a look at this book from the GOONS.

Here's an unusual tale. It's about the study of arborglyphs ...

As usual, here's what the BBC HistoryExtra site has to offer this Friday:

Remember, please, that most of the UK's libraries and archives will be closed on Monday & Tuesday...

Some of you may be interested to know that I now have a Google+ account. I'm not sure that I really know how it works yet, but if you'd like to add me to your 'Circle' then please do so - and I will reciprocate. But bear with me, as I'm a novice.

One more point. I've a busy weekend ahead so will not be posting to the blog on Saturday or Sunday. If you're at the Sunderland History Fair (at the Seaburn Centre) on Saturday do say hello to me, as I have a stall for the day. I shall do my best to keep posting to Twitter, though, during the next couple of days (@HistoryMick).

Have a nice street party.




Here, boy...


No comments:

Post a Comment