Potentially explosive news for us genealogists from the legal corridors of the EU (thanks to @YourFamTreemag on Twitter).
From the keyboard of Chris Paton: a useful report on the PRONI User Forum Meeting (note the very last item - a major fair and a conference!). Thanks for that, Chris. And thanks, too, for this useful and informal guide to visiting PRONI.
Fancy meeting the top dog at The National Archives next month? Click here for more info.
TNA's online bookshop is to be re-vamped - see here.
Those of you who follow the adventures of the Scottish Genealogy Network will wish to take in this blog post.
A little update from the British Newspaper Archive.
Here's the latest (and very impressive) newsletter from the Institute of Heraldic & Genealogical Studies.
I see that PAF (Personal Ancestral File), the family tree programme launched by FamilySearch in 1984, is to be discontinued.
If you think you might be interested in Derry's Great Parchment Book, then check out this blog post.
The latest Eneclann newsletter can be found here. As you can see, the first story indicates that the Genealogy Advisory Service at the NLI is set to continue.
The National Library of Wales has put out an appeal entitled 'Calling all clubs & societies'.
Those of us who are fans of the Europeana website/blog may wish to sign the petition to keep the organisation alive.
And here's your weekly round-up of entertaining history links from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
- Saturday 29th June - Yorkshire Family History Fair, York (this is a big one!);
- Friday 28th & Saturday 29th June - Family History Event at Sutton Coldfield;
- Sunday 30th June - Heart of England Book Fair, Solihull;
- Upcoming SoG events (change the month setting on the page for future stuff);
- Irish events (thanks Claire);
- National Library of Ireland (JFK) stuff for July;
- Yet more Irish stuff!;
- National Library of Scotland events;
- Upcoming events at Linen Hall Library, Belfast;
- Advance notice of the JGSGB Society Family History Fair at Elstree on 7th July;
- Advance notice of the Surrey Parish Records Launch Event at Woking on 6th July;
- Advance notice of the Annual Lecture Day at Pudsey on 6th July (hopefully not too late to book);
- Advance notice of the Community Archives & Heritage Group Conference at London on 10th July (hopefully not too late to book);
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
And I hope you don't mind an advance 'plug' for a major event in September which is right on my doorstep:
More news and articles at the BI-Gen Twitter feed.